Saturday, November 17, 2007

What happens in Macau stays in Macau...



I'm somewhere new today....

View Larger Map

As most of my friends and family know I'm a big fan (and participant) of auto racing. When I saw the commercial two nights ago for the Macau Gran Prix I immediately booked a hotel in Macau instead of Hong Kong for the weekend.

The Macau Grand Prix has a long an interesting history.... and of course I have to link to some video...
Since the video was shot the track has not changed at all. I really liked the grand prix with a mixture of touring cars, formula 3 and motorcycles...


The city/state (now SAR) is located close to Hong Kong and is the Asia's Las Vegas. Being part of China, there was constant huge scale construction projects. My hotel had 3000 guest rooms and soon there will be even larger hotels in the area.


No comments: