Sunday, December 2, 2007

Seat time

I had an autocross today, here in Bay Area we have a winter autocross season run by the San Fransisco region SCCA. I had not taken the Neon out for almost a month and was a little unsure about running without the power steering. Sounds like an excuses for some shakedown testing on Mines. It turns out it was a good idea I did. Less than a mile from home the motor let go. I limped it home with very mild rod knock. I was not surprised, I planed to change the rod bearings on this motor when I got it but ordered the wrong parts twice and just put it in the car as is.

I parked the Neon and decided to run the Supra and the autocross. Being at Candlestick running street tires is not much of a handicap. What was a handicap was my driving abilities. I keep thinking about upping the boost on the Supra and this autocross was a reality check. I managed to spin on 2 out of 3 runs. I guess 320hp is more than enough...for now. I did manage to finish in 4 out of 1o in my class.

No comments: